The main objective of the CFT project by the GoMP is to synergize the functioning of Mahatma Gandhi NREGS and DAY-National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) being implemented by the Panchayat and Rural Development Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh to substantially enhance the quality of assets being created in the Mahatma Gandhi NREGS with the assistance of Civil Society Organizations and thereby address the issue of rural livelihoods with sharper focus. The Cluster Facilitation Team deployed in the Block will play critical facilitation and capacity building roles at the grassroots level for mobilizing CBOs (SHG Collectives) and Gram Panchayats. Broadly the CFT will function like a technical secretariat to the Gram Panchayat and interface with community institutions. The Cluster Facilitation Team will mobilize the community, prepare plans and estimates for the Gram Panchayat and provide technical support for worksite management but the actual execution of work will remain with Mahatma Gandhi NREGA personnel. CARD is implementing partner in 8 blocks of districts of Dindori, Mandla, Chhindwara, Dhar and Ujjain (2019-2022). The following strategies have been adopted for the execution of the project.
INDICATIVE LIST OF CFT MGNREGS SCHEME
- Awareness generation about MGNREGS through meetings with SHGs, Gram Sabha, Gram Panchayats, Janpad, etc.
- Organise Capacity building support through structured trainings, workshops and exposures for capacity building of all stakeholders such as SHG members, Mates, frontline functionaries of MGNREGA, PRI representatives etc.
- Participatory planning with community to identify potential activities and facilitate its implementation by following the procedures of the MGNREGS
- Help CBOs in preparing perspective plan for the development of community livelihoods based on principles of watershed planning and natural resource management.
- Help SHGs to identify individual assets focusing on improving the land, water and trees.
- Support CBOs (SHGs, VOs, CLF) to facilitate application for job cards and work and opening of bank accounts and report. Support Gram Panchayat members in organizing weekly Rozgar Divas at the Panchayat Bhavan and facilitate application for work and report.
- Provide NRM training to Mahatma Gandhi NREGA Field Functionaries to help them prepare technical estimates. Facilitate CBOs to support the Gram Sabha in preparing a plan for work implementation and for selecting SHG members as mates.
- Support in Convergence of schemes of the Agriculture, Horticulture, Livestock, etc.