Capacity Building Capability Statement
CARD, as a Capacity Building Organization has given a new dimension by introducing need based and capacity based training modules in its trainings. A series of psychological tests, motivational games, and participatory tools along with experience sharing are an integral part of these modules. Major CB assignments of CARD are:
- CARD in partnership with Rajeev Gandhi Watershed Mission (GoMP) is providing training to Panchayat Sarpanch, Sachiv and Watershed Committee members under the IWMP.
- CARD as partner NGO of Water and Land Management Institute (WALMI), the state level premier institute for MP has imparted trainings to Project Officers and staff of Panchayat and Rural Development Department. CARD is also associated with Department of Farmers Welfare & Agriculture Development for farmer’s field school and other trainings.
- CARD was a partner of the National Alliance for ‘Census with Sensitivity”, an initiative of the UNICEF to extend support to the Office of the Registrar General of India (ORGI) for 2011 Census. CARD was partner NGO in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh and provided support to training of Master Trainers in these states. CARD has provided 4 out of 90 National Trainers and 35 Master Trainer Facilitators out of 60 MTFs in MP & CG states.
- CARD was assigned the task of in field hand holding to Project Facilitation Teams of World Bank supported DPIP in MP & CG during its initial phase (2004-07). The task was strengthening of all levels of Project Facilitation Team (PFT) and Facilitation of CIGs, its members, leaders and their organization. The strengthening mechanisms revolved particularly around the income generating activities of the community, with judicious and systematic development of field-based portfolio of action steps and empowerment programme for the community generally and specifically for the women.
- CARD supported Livestock Sector Review and Policy Development Process under SDC-IC-CALPI Programme in Chhattisgarh state. The policy development initiative focused on Capacity Development in Human and Institutional Development by Training and Exposure with particular emphasis on key stakeholders who were participants in the Sector Review and Policy Development process.
- As Nodal NGO with CAPART in Korba district CARD has executed the Rural Young Professional Scheme (skill and life skills training for rural youth).
- CARD is facilitating capacity building process of Water User Associations (WUAs) formed under the irrigation projects of Water Resource Department (WRD) with the support of Asian Development Bank (ADB).
- CARD has prepared the NREGA/BRGF/SVY plans based on the Panchayat level planning and participatory rural appraisal in the districts of Dewas, Dhar, Sidhi, Bhind and Mandla.
- In Chhattisgarh CARD has emerged as a champion in capacity building of state government departments (Animal Husbandry Department, Panchayat & Rural Development Department, Water Resource Department) at the State level and also facilitate NACO’s cause of Aids awareness in Korba.
CARD has primarily been doing short duration trainings of up to one week in most of its locations (15 places). It uses both own as well as rented facilities. Our major Training centers are at Bhopal, Ujjain, Dhar, Dewas, Chhindwara, Mandla, Dindori and Balaghat in MP.
The facilities in MP include;
Bhopal: Own three storied building in posh locality (Arvind Vihar) built up area of 10000 sq ft on 5600 sq ft plot. There is one hall (40x26) and conference room (30x15) and two guest houses and three dormitories to accommodate up to 30 persons. Have own mess facility and dining space as well. Exclusive hostel facility accommodating 60 trainees has also been arranged in nearby plot on rental basis.
Three training halls have LCD/ OHP, computers and laptops, printers, xerox and other training requisites.
Mandla: A scenic location in remote area near Mandla and the CARD campus is spread up in 6 acres of agriculture field where demonstration plots are laid. CARD has been regularly conducting trainings using both own and rented accommodation. Now we have constructed permanent eco-friendly Training Center to accommodate up to 50 persons for long durations with Mess, dining and recreation spaces. There are tube well, Well, pond, etc. Also have 4 training halls with LCD, OHP, computers and laptops and other training requisites, including Gen Set (30 KV).
Also have one Technology Resource Centre with DST approved training Techno- Management packages in Honey, NTFP processing, Food Processing, Nursery and Natural Fiber (Seasal). Have a Training Centre for up to 30 participants just on the river bank. Regular short duration on the job trainings are being organized here.
Advantages are on the job hand holding as CARD is implementing watershed, agriculture, NTFP and other development programs in around 100 villages surrounding the centers.
Dindori:CARD has own office complex of 7500 sq ft built-up area on 3600 sq ft plot on the right bank of river Nurbada in Dindori town. 5 training halls with requisite number of LCD, laptops, computers, etc are arranged.
Dhar: CARD has own office complex with 9000 sq ft built-up area on 10000 sq ft plot in Dhar and has adequate training infrastructure and is regularly conducting trainings of farmers, children, students, parents, guruji, health workers, panchayats, etc.
Ujjain: Rented facility of 14000 sq ft area with 5 well equipped training halls are used for conducting skill based trainings here.
Balaghat:Rented facility of 10000 sq ft area with 5 well equipped training halls are used for conducting skill based trainings here.
Chhindwara:Rented facility of 10000 sq ft area with 5 well equipped training halls are used for conducting skill based trainings here. In addition, a small training center is being developed in Tamia block of Chhindwara.
Rented facilities are arranged in other locations as per need.